Enternet Wrestling Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Enternet Wrestling Forum

The Most Electricfying Wrestling Community in all the enternet

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Jeff Hardy Drops the Ball

Go down 
+3
Thomas Green
Wrestlingchick
TNASuperstar
7 posters
AuthorMessage
TNASuperstar
Certified Jabroni
Certified Jabroni
TNASuperstar

Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2007-02-02

Jeff Hardy Drops the Ball Empty
PostSubject: Jeff Hardy Drops the Ball   Jeff Hardy Drops the Ball EmptyWed Jan 30, 2008 8:43 am

It Kinda sucks that Jeff Hardy dropped the ball at the Rumble in terms of his performance. Especially at MSG when he was dynamite there at RR 2000.

The match was a great match but the action/pace was carried by Orton. He sold Hardy's Whisper in the Wind better than I ever saw another wrestler sell it. He sold the torpedo dropkick into the barrier with his neck crooked at an insane angle.

Hardy had only 7-Hardy like maneuvers in the entire match. AND HE NEVER EVEN WENT FOR THE SWANTON.

7 Moves. All "Cans of Corn" (low degree of difficulty) for Jeff Hardy.

1.) The baseball slide/kick dropkick previously mentioned which Orton sold incredibly.
2.) Followed by a Slingshot Crossbody to a standing Orton outside the ring.
3.) Hanging torpedo dropkick to Orton's chest while he was sitting in the corner (of which Orton took the full force and didn't shy away or lean into)
4.)Whisper in the Wind
5.)Top rope dropkick to Orton standing on the Apron with Hardy landing in ring
6.) Clothesline from Apron to a Standing Orton from outside the ring.
7.) Attempted moonsault from top rope which Orton ran to catch up to make sure Hardy didn't fall on his head combined with shoddy camerawork to make it look like the move was actually passable.

....far cry from the Swanton to Umaga from the top of the cage and Orton from The lighting fixture in the past two Raw episodes. Either one of the moves surpassed the combined effectivenss/theatrics of all 7 of those moves.

And correct me if I'm wrong, but heading into the RR 2008 the theme was "WHAT WON"T JEFF HARDY DO TO WIN THE TITLE?!!!"

I ask "What DID he do in this match to show the writers that he shoudl get the title this year?"

This was easily Hardy's most-hyped match in his career and he flopped. Whether the Hardy-maniacs will admit it or not, IN TERMS OF WHAT PEOPLE EXPECT FROM JEFF HARDY, he paled in comparison in what he SHOULD present at THE MECCA: MADISON SQUARE GARDEN.

And I repeat. No Swanton. not even a miss at an attempted Swanton. I expected more from Hardy. Orton clearly carried the match.

The most scintillating move of the match was Orton's standing dropkick from inside the ring to Hardy as he was trying to come back into the ring from the apron by vaulting the ropes.

I'm sure all the Hardy-lovers (not that I'm not) will disagree and be blinded by the fact that they think Hardy deserved the strap. But facts are facts; Orton carried the match. And like it or not, in terms of INSIDE THE RING, he's the best in the business right now. He will keep the strap trhough Wrestlemania. That's why they've already adapted the Main Event to the winner of EC at No Way Out getting the title shot.
Back to top Go down
Wrestlingchick
EWF Elder
EWF Elder
Wrestlingchick

Number of posts : 1296
Registration date : 2007-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Hardy Drops the Ball   Jeff Hardy Drops the Ball EmptyWed Jan 30, 2008 8:57 am

Man, your a picky Certified Jabroni. Alot of people dont get an attempt at there

finishers in a match. All you pretty much said was you were pissed Hardy didn't do

the swanton or something insanly dangerous & crazy like over the past few weeks

on RAW. Hardy busts his ass and you just aren't happy. Personally I beleive that

the RR match was pretty good, and orton did not control the pace, Hardy made

that match, he didnt drop the ball.
Back to top Go down
Thomas Green
Future EWF Hall Of Famer
Future EWF Hall Of Famer

Number of posts : 207
Registration date : 2007-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Hardy Drops the Ball   Jeff Hardy Drops the Ball EmptyWed Jan 30, 2008 9:25 am

Wrestlingchick wrote:
Man, your a picky Certified Jabroni. Alot of people dont get an attempt at there

finishers in a match. All you pretty much said was you were pissed Hardy didn't do

the swanton or something insanly dangerous & crazy like over the past few weeks

on RAW. Hardy busts his ass and you just aren't happy. Personally I beleive that

the RR match was pretty good, and orton did not control the pace, Hardy made

that match, he didnt drop the ball.

I definitely agree with wrestlingchick, also its not like it was all up to Hardy. He was never scheduled to win because he did not fit into the storyline plans of the creative team, but he showed them not just at the RR but also during ALL weeks leading up to it, that he has what it takes.

And if I remember correctly Hardy got a huge cheer after his loss and a standing ovation from the crowd. (not that many people sit during such an event anyway, but still)

Jeff didn't do the Swanton, so what? He did some other good moves, like whisper in the wind, which is actually harder than a Swanton in my opinion. Jeff showed he can also wrestle a match without having to jump off some high place with an insane move, look at it that way.
Back to top Go down
CarterY2J
Official EWF Member
Official EWF Member
CarterY2J

Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2007-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Hardy Drops the Ball   Jeff Hardy Drops the Ball EmptyWed Jan 30, 2008 9:37 am

How can you say he dropped the ball. Orton didnt carry anything they both put on a great match together. The only move botched was the moonsault and he still made some contact. Also did you ever think maybe the match was booked to not have a Swanto?
Back to top Go down
The Bookman
Certified Jabroni
Certified Jabroni
The Bookman

Number of posts : 85

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Hardy Drops the Ball   Jeff Hardy Drops the Ball EmptyWed Jan 30, 2008 9:47 am

I don't think Hardy dropped the ball cause IMO he never belonged in the main event he's just a spot monkey. Orton is better than Hardy Hardy should be grateful he was given the push he received.
Back to top Go down
The Rock
EWF Chairman
EWF Chairman
The Rock

Number of posts : 1233

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Hardy Drops the Ball   Jeff Hardy Drops the Ball EmptyWed Jan 30, 2008 9:53 am

I understand what tnasuperstar is saying though.........they went into it basicly saying "what wont hardy do for the title" and he didnt really do much out of the ordinary....that moonsault was pretty terrible though but that rko at the end was what made that match for me it just looked really damn good
Back to top Go down
https://ewfdynasty.forumotion.com
Hulkamaniac
EWF Master
EWF Master
Hulkamaniac

Number of posts : 498

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Hardy Drops the Ball   Jeff Hardy Drops the Ball EmptyWed Jan 30, 2008 10:06 am

yeah i see your point the match wasnt insanely good and he didnt do anything spectacular which i am sortof dissappointed over.however jeff has been doin alot of dangerous stuff lately and when he doesnt we think we got cheated but that stuff is dangerous and hard to do.how would you like to jump 50 feet? i am disappointed but it was an ok match.the fact that the theme was "what wont hardy do for the title"had me expecting alot of high spots so i was sortof let down but but i understand this stuff im expecting isnt that easy to pull of so i can accept that
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Hardy Drops the Ball   Jeff Hardy Drops the Ball Empty

Back to top Go down

Jeff Hardy Drops the Ball
Page 1 of 1