Enternet Wrestling Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Enternet Wrestling Forum

The Most Electricfying Wrestling Community in all the enternet

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

NHL Playoffs

Go down 
+5
Dangerous Inc
Jerichoholic
Phil_28
Wrestlingchick
Rusty9
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Rusty9
Future EWF Hall Of Famer
Future EWF Hall Of Famer

Number of posts : 227
Registration date : 2007-05-14

NHL Playoffs Empty
PostSubject: NHL Playoffs   NHL Playoffs EmptyFri May 18, 2007 5:58 am

well if you didn't know i'm a huge hockey mark and played for about 5 years and was a good gaolie.

well the conference championships are goin on now with my favorite team The Anaheim Ducks (that's where i was born) vs. Detroit Red Wings. last night the 'Wings were at Anaheim hoping to get a close on the series, but the Ducks prevailed. with a 5-3 win over the 'Wings, they tied the series at 2-2. all the games in this series have been so thriiling and intense.

On the other side of the US, the Buffalo Sabres and the Ottawa Senators square off. (i'm not paying attention to this series so i don't know much abou it) Ottawa leads the series 3-1. tonight they play hoping to clench the eastern conference championship and head to the finals!
Back to top Go down
Wrestlingchick
EWF Elder
EWF Elder
Wrestlingchick

Number of posts : 1296
Registration date : 2007-02-01

NHL Playoffs Empty
PostSubject: Re: NHL Playoffs   NHL Playoffs EmptyFri May 18, 2007 8:00 am

You use to play goalie, that's pretty cool

I never watched hockey though,

I see highlights when they fight each other. (so violent)
Back to top Go down
Phil_28
Certified Jabroni
Certified Jabroni

Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2007-04-03

NHL Playoffs Empty
PostSubject: Re: NHL Playoffs   NHL Playoffs EmptyFri May 18, 2007 8:11 am

Go ducks

Sucks about the Avalanche not making it for the first time in team history NHL Playoffs Frown
Back to top Go down
Jerichoholic
Future EWF Hall Of Famer
Future EWF Hall Of Famer
Jerichoholic

Registration date : 2007-02-02

NHL Playoffs Empty
PostSubject: Re: NHL Playoffs   NHL Playoffs EmptyFri May 18, 2007 8:24 am

Pronger is suspended for game 4! Sad
Back to top Go down
Dangerous Inc
Jabroni
Jabroni
Dangerous Inc

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2007-02-05

NHL Playoffs Empty
PostSubject: Re: NHL Playoffs   NHL Playoffs EmptyFri May 18, 2007 8:37 am

OTTAWA (CP) - Jason Spezza had a chuckle Wednesday when he was reminded that it's been a while since the Ottawa Senators have had to talk about losing a playoff game... The Senators centre wasn't concerned by Ottawa's 3-2 loss to the Sabres in Game 4 of the best-of-seven Eastern Conference final, although it's something he'd prefer to not see Saturday when the series resumes in Buffalo.

Senators not concerned despite failing to close out Sabres in Game 4
Back to top Go down
Phil_28
Certified Jabroni
Certified Jabroni

NHL Playoffs Empty
PostSubject: Re: NHL Playoffs   NHL Playoffs EmptyFri May 18, 2007 8:41 am

So the Sabres live to play another day. One game at a time, that's all they can do.
Back to top Go down
Triple H
Certified Jabroni
Certified Jabroni
Triple H

Number of posts : 80

NHL Playoffs Empty
PostSubject: Re: NHL Playoffs   NHL Playoffs EmptyFri May 18, 2007 9:18 am

With Pronger out... this will be another 5-0 sleeper for the Red Wings!
Back to top Go down
Dynamite Kid07
Certified Jabroni
Certified Jabroni

Number of posts : 63

NHL Playoffs Empty
PostSubject: Re: NHL Playoffs   NHL Playoffs EmptyFri May 18, 2007 9:36 am

Oh Goodness, I thought that I was the only NHL Fan here. but Isn't it a bit ironic that a Detroit team is playing at Honda center?

Go out and win one more for your city's pride Wings.

Two more points for Lidstrom and he'll lead the playoff stats NHL Playoffs Smiles
Back to top Go down
Dangerous Inc
Jabroni
Jabroni
Dangerous Inc

NHL Playoffs Empty
PostSubject: Re: NHL Playoffs   NHL Playoffs EmptyFri May 18, 2007 9:40 am

Ducks have way too much pride.. this series is going back to the Joe tied. Win this one for Prongs boys!!

Go NHL Playoffs Ducks_06 !!
Back to top Go down
Rusty9
Future EWF Hall Of Famer
Future EWF Hall Of Famer

NHL Playoffs Empty
PostSubject: Re: NHL Playoffs   NHL Playoffs EmptyFri May 18, 2007 3:05 pm

yeah go ducks.

hockey's fun. i got into like 5 fights. there's a scar on my face Sad
Back to top Go down
Phil_28
Certified Jabroni
Certified Jabroni

NHL Playoffs Empty
PostSubject: Re: NHL Playoffs   NHL Playoffs EmptySat May 19, 2007 7:33 am

Rusty9 wrote:
yeah go ducks.

hockey's fun. i got into like 5 fights. there's a scar on my face Sad

oh, Thats gonna leave a mark
Back to top Go down
Rusty9
Future EWF Hall Of Famer
Future EWF Hall Of Famer

NHL Playoffs Empty
PostSubject: Re: NHL Playoffs   NHL Playoffs EmptySat May 19, 2007 8:10 am

well both series had a day off yesterday so we'll pick up with sabres vs. ottawa today. if they win they advance to the finals.

BTW Triple H, Pronger will be unsuspended sunday so he'll get to play
Back to top Go down
Triple H
Certified Jabroni
Certified Jabroni
Triple H

Number of posts : 80

NHL Playoffs Empty
PostSubject: Re: NHL Playoffs   NHL Playoffs EmptySat May 19, 2007 1:36 pm

I know, thats a Bummer
Back to top Go down
TNASuperstar
Certified Jabroni
Certified Jabroni
TNASuperstar

Registration date : 2007-02-02

NHL Playoffs Empty
PostSubject: Re: NHL Playoffs   NHL Playoffs EmptySat May 19, 2007 1:42 pm

I hope for a 7 game series win for Ducks, but I like Red Wings better to beat the Sens.
Back to top Go down
The Hunter
EWF President
EWF President
The Hunter

Number of posts : 1117

NHL Playoffs Empty
PostSubject: Re: NHL Playoffs   NHL Playoffs EmptyMon May 21, 2007 2:21 pm

The Ducks dominated OT, when it mattered the most. Yes, Detroit had the run of the play in the game, but never really had great chances to score. The Ducks defense mostly kept Detroit's shots to the outside, Giggy will stop those each and every time. Detroit's PP was nowhere near as good as it was earlier in the series.

Give the Ducks their credit, they hung in there, and persisted. When they tied the score late, you knew it was their game.

As an aside, it's interesting to note that with game 5, Detroit lost a game when entering the 3rd period with a lead, as well as losing a game at JLA, an arena they are not used to losing in.
Back to top Go down
Dynamite Kid07
Certified Jabroni
Certified Jabroni

Number of posts : 63

NHL Playoffs Empty
PostSubject: Re: NHL Playoffs   NHL Playoffs EmptyMon May 21, 2007 2:28 pm

Does anyone remember game 6 in 2002 between Detroit and Colorado? In Colorado? Detroit 2 Colorado 0. Detroit was down 3-2 in that series. Won on the road. Won the Stanley Cup. They can do it again. Detroit gift wrapped the game for the outmanned ducks. Don't blame Hasek Hkyfn. It wasn't his fault. A flukey goal and a huge point blank mistake. We could have scored when we hit the goal post just as easily. Detroit is still the better hockey team with more talent and far and away more depth. Datsyuk and Zetterberg are superior to anyone on Anaheim. Compare Teemu to them. No comparison. Two hard workers who control the puck all game vs a cherry picker afraid of the physical game. It's not over yet.
Back to top Go down
Dangerous Inc
Jabroni
Jabroni
Dangerous Inc

NHL Playoffs Empty
PostSubject: Re: NHL Playoffs   NHL Playoffs EmptyMon May 21, 2007 2:33 pm

Dynamite Kid07 wrote:
Does anyone remember game 6 in 2002 between Detroit and Colorado? In Colorado? Detroit 2 Colorado 0. Detroit was down 3-2 in that series. Won on the road. Won the Stanley Cup. They can do it again. Detroit gift wrapped the game for the outmanned ducks. Don't blame Hasek Hkyfn. It wasn't his fault. A flukey goal and a huge point blank mistake. We could have scored when we hit the goal post just as easily. Detroit is still the better hockey team with more talent and far and away more depth. Datsyuk and Zetterberg are superior to anyone on Anaheim. Compare Teemu to them. No comparison. Two hard workers who control the puck all game vs a cherry picker afraid of the physical game. It's not over yet.

Of course, who could forget Roy's famous "Statue of Liberty" play, only to not have the puck in his glove. Showmanship just doesn't work sometimes....

difference between now, and then is about 5 years! This series is pretty even, however, Giggy is outperforming ancient Dominic flip flop in goal. If I'm the Ducks, I feel better knowing Giggy is guarding the nets, as opposed to Hasek, who really is showing his age.

Where is all the great Wings depth? Show me the numbers! Who are all these great 3rd/4th liners who are contributing?? The only Wings who contribute are Datysuk, Zetterburg and Holstrom. All other forwards are mostly invisible. I might throw Cleary into the mix, but Detroit has a lot of floaters on their team, that seem to be just playing out the string.

A key Duck is Marchant, who is really skilled and never minds getting his nose dirty. He is also a very good playmaker.

Say what you want about Selanne, but he knows how to finish aruond the net. What a lethal move he put on Dominic Flip flop, deeking him out of his shorts.

Ducks are poised to move on, but the job is not quite done yet. We'll see how well Detroit rebounds, and Anaheim too for that matter. Game 6 should be a classic.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

NHL Playoffs Empty
PostSubject: Re: NHL Playoffs   NHL Playoffs Empty

Back to top Go down

NHL Playoffs
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Enternet Wrestling Forum :: Non-Wrestling Forums :: Sports-
Jump to: