Enternet Wrestling Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Enternet Wrestling Forum

The Most Electricfying Wrestling Community in all the enternet

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Wrestlemania 23 reviews

Go down 
+5
Hulkamaniac
Batista Mark
King Of Kings
T-1000
Untouchable Foley Fan
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Untouchable Foley Fan
EWF Master
EWF Master
Untouchable Foley Fan

Number of posts : 589
Registration date : 2007-02-01

Wrestlemania 23 reviews Empty
PostSubject: Wrestlemania 23 reviews   Wrestlemania 23 reviews EmptyMon Apr 02, 2007 8:30 am

Not sure what I thought about it, it seemed to be another load of dead end matches (in terms of storylines) and anti-climaxes.

First off, not too impressed by being short changed 20-30 mins. They clearly had to drag the main event out for as long as poss and even the star of the night Shawn Michaels struggled to stretch Cena's vocabulary of 5 moves to fit that time.

Cena vs. Shawn - Shame Cena won in my eyes, the sign in the crowd 'Cena-nuff' summed it up for me with him, but still glad he got overwhelming boos on each exchange he got in. Shawn carried this match and no-one can argue it. He deserves a medal.

Melina vs. Ashley - Melina carried it, she's come along leaps and bounds. Ashley should be dropped.

Hair vs. Hair - we all knew it was going to go down like this. Trump looked like he couldn't care less about any of it though. Not sure what I thought about the actual match, kinda summed it up when Shane came down and stole it with the 'coast to coast' dropkick into the bin move - awesome moment.

The rest I only know the results of (tuned in late), but going off what I read:-

ECW Originals vs. New Breed - 6 mins is incredibly short. Glad Van Dam got the win but it's a dead end in terms of story - we know the originals are disbanding/disappearing, so unless the New Breed implodes...

Benoit vs. MVP - just another token win for Benoit to keep him happy while they can't think of anything to do with him. Maybe abit early for MVP but it would have done more for him than Benoit to win IMO.

Undertaker vs. Batista - heard this one was good but by putting it so early on in the show we knew Taker was going to win - stupid tactic by the WWE clowns in charge

Khali vs. Kane - another short one (as expected) - sounds pretty average but I'll wait and see. Shame Kane got squashed yet again, but it favors a progression for Khali so not pointless.

MITB - sounds like match of the night, can't wait to see it. Kind've a shame that Kennedy got it as he's already faced main eventers and is pretty much almost there. Would have definately prefered Punk to win as he is the one they need to be pushing, not Cena and/or Lashley.

A really weird PPV all in all. The main event was very strange in particular, but Shawn really did the impossible and made carrying Cena for 30/35 mins entertaining.

On a different note, I think it's an outrage that Nitro, Masters and others didn't make the card because creative can't do their jobs. It isn't like they were pressed for time, we were robbed of 20-30 mins, they could have had another 2 or 3 solid matches in that time, annoying when you've paid PPV prices.

Anyway, opinions?
Back to top Go down
T-1000
Certified Jabroni
Certified Jabroni
T-1000

Number of posts : 55

PostSubject: Re: Wrestlemania 23 reviews   Wrestlemania 23 reviews EmptyWed Apr 04, 2007 6:14 pm

well, first off Money in the Bank kicked the night off. Weird, because again, I can't get over the fact that main eventers like Orton and Edge were in this match, and weren't seen for the rest of the night, as opposed to them being built up and waiting for them. Lot of botched moves and looked very unorganized. Could have just been the fact that there was 8 guys, i dont know, but this match didnt really thrill me. Yeah, of course jeffs jump onto edge was cool, but thats about it.

kane khali- not even worth a description, why do they keep building khali up?

mvp-benoit- i enjoyed this match, mvp surprised the hell out of me, great WRESTLING match.

undertaker-batista- my favorite match, powerhouse brawl, both guys beat the hell out of eachother, batista's best match since WM21.

battle of the billionaires- was cool, nothing spectacular, of course it was cool to see stone cold back in action.

womens match- blah. enough said.

ecw originals vs new breed- surprisingly dull. not bad, but for ECW, it could have been better & longer.

cena-michaels- VERY similar to cena vs triple h from WM22, in that it started off slow, and there was many close finishes. cena should have won, after all, if anyone was going to end his reign, it would have been triple H last year, not HBK.
Back to top Go down
King Of Kings
Certified Jabroni
Certified Jabroni
King Of Kings

Number of posts : 93
Registration date : 2007-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Wrestlemania 23 reviews   Wrestlemania 23 reviews EmptyWed Apr 04, 2007 6:20 pm

What a WM! Thats the WM i would sell everything to watch.(jus kiddin wanted to say that for a long time)What was the whole HYPE for? 70,ooo+fans??Detroit???

Am gonna be real short and quick here,

--first i dont see any reviews about either of the tag championships so it must have not happened.
--No cruiserweight championship.
--Bad timing of matches.(eg MITB)
--battle of billionaires - Again lashley won. Keeping diffrences aside but i would loved to see Trump bald rather than Vince. It would be something unexpected.
--Womens championship - its better if i dont comment on it.
--Kane vs khali - emmmm...2 giants putting a good match is very rare.
--ecw originals vs new breed - i never wanted to see that match. why? jus look at the guys who are in the match. Besides RVD i dont think there was anybody who i know well (and also sandman). Hell the whole ECW sucks now.
--and jus tell me how many great wrestlers are going to tap out at that STFU? first it was Triple H, then best submission wrestler Benoit and now HBK.
--Taker vs Batista - the only match i think am gonna like is this one. Although i know HBK would have done a great job but due to that tap out ending to it i would prefer this one
Back to top Go down
Batista Mark
Certified Jabroni
Certified Jabroni

Number of posts : 55

PostSubject: Re: Wrestlemania 23 reviews   Wrestlemania 23 reviews EmptyWed Apr 04, 2007 6:23 pm

This was an awesome PPV, loved it loved it loved it.

3 great matches that i could watch over and over again. Battle of The Billionaires, MVP/Benoit and Khali/Kane were all suprisingly good. Was worth the money. Mainevent was fantastic.

Also, over here it was just 2 minutes earlier than it said it would end, it was never going to be 4 and a half hours so i don't know what was up with your PPV provider. Oh and kingsaad... what on earth? You haven't even watched the PPV so why are you even judging it? Watch it first.

My match ratings..

Money In The Bank - ***1/2 (If you like something brutal, this is your kind of match)
Khali/Kane - *1/2
MVP/Benoit - ***
Batista/Undertaker - **** (If you like a great brawl, this is your kind of match)
ECW Match - *1/2
Trump/McMahon - **** (If you like classic Wrestlemania overbooking, this is your kind of match)
Womens Match - ASS
Cena/HBK - ****1/4 (Loved it so much. Looks like it will be overlooked because Cena won..)
Back to top Go down
Hulkamaniac
EWF Master
EWF Master
Hulkamaniac

Number of posts : 498

PostSubject: Re: Wrestlemania 23 reviews   Wrestlemania 23 reviews EmptyWed Apr 04, 2007 6:26 pm

I WAS THERE geek
Being in the crowd was awsome, and The WOOOOOO's to BOOOOOOO's on the punch/chop exchanges between Shawn and Cena was absolutly awsome! The Batista/undertaker match was the best of the night, by far and it happend way to early in the show, the crowd was dead for the ecw and womens matches, there was a line up the stairs to the bathrooms during both of thses matches. all in all it was a decent show
Back to top Go down
Wrestlingchick
EWF Elder
EWF Elder
Wrestlingchick

Number of posts : 1296

PostSubject: Re: Wrestlemania 23 reviews   Wrestlemania 23 reviews EmptyWed Apr 04, 2007 6:30 pm

i dont know what, but wrestlemania just lacked something.
also no undercard match stole the show imo. cena hbk and taker batista were the best matches.the ecw match wouldve been better if it was elimination and extreme rules.
Back to top Go down
TakerRules
Certified Jabroni
Certified Jabroni

Number of posts : 58

PostSubject: Re: Wrestlemania 23 reviews   Wrestlemania 23 reviews EmptyWed Apr 04, 2007 6:33 pm

Well here's my breakdown

Cena vs. Shawn - Yeah I should have expected Cena to win since HBK had the last lil laugh on RAW (remember in WWE history everytime someone have an win or does something, more than likely they will lose the following PPV)

Melina vs. Ashley - It was basically an time filler, Ashley need to improve her wrestling skills. it should have been Melina vs. Mickie James again ( it would have been an decent wrestling match that's why they cut the Trish vs Candice idea last year since it wouldn't have been an good match)

Hair vs. Hair - the outcome was predictable, Lashley wins, Vince runs, Vince gets stunned, Viince get shaved bald, Trump get stunned, Austin drink beer.

ECW Originals vs. New Breed - Didn't really care about the match.

Benoit vs. MVP - This was kinda predictable, but I assume that MVP was going to win since Benoit is being drafted to RAW soon. (he probably won because he was mad that he had to tap out to Cena which rarely ever happens)

Undertaker vs. Batista - It live up to the hype, and we all came to the conclusion that if Batista was going to beat the streak then this match would have been the main event of the evening.

Khali vs. Kane - pointless.

MITB - good match, I'm glad Mr. Kennedy won, but sad that Shelton Benjamin wasn't in it.

All in all it was an okay PPV, but if I would make some changes this would have happen...

Cryme Tyme would have won the World Tag Team Belts,
Someone would have had an heel turn
Brock Lesnar or Mark Henry should have screw Batista
Triple H should have screw Cena, and DX give Cena the DX crotch chop gestures
Back to top Go down
Dynamite Kid07
Certified Jabroni
Certified Jabroni

Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2007-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Wrestlemania 23 reviews   Wrestlemania 23 reviews EmptyWed Apr 04, 2007 6:36 pm

My God, the Cena/HBK match had such a big feel to it. I'm bleeding that HBK lost, but still, it was amazing. I dare any HBK hater to tell me how over rated and how much of a has been kid he is after putting on a show like that. Honestly, it deserved to be the main event. Batista vs. Taker was really good too, but Cena and HBK gave it everything and they mixed so well. I was watching it with my mates and cousins and man I was flipping out towards the end with all the counters and then finally screaming at Michaels not to tap, lol.

I sware, someone give me an official time of the Cena/Michaels match, I could have sworn it went for like 30 minutes.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kennedy 2009
Certified Jabroni
Certified Jabroni
Mr. Kennedy 2009

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2007-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Wrestlemania 23 reviews   Wrestlemania 23 reviews EmptyWed Apr 04, 2007 6:40 pm

I agree that the only match that really had me on the edge of my seat was the main event. Taker and Batista, the outcome was predictable, but the match in itself was great. In my opinion, the Cena and Michaels match was also great in the fact that you really didn't know who was going to win beforehand. The counters and near falls gave it that unexpected feeling. For that it was good. The outcome, though, is a different matter.
Mist..eeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEErrrrrrRRRRRRR

KENNEDY! Won the m.I.T.B Match. awsome
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wrestlemania 23 reviews   Wrestlemania 23 reviews Empty

Back to top Go down

Wrestlemania 23 reviews
Page 1 of 1