Enternet Wrestling Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Enternet Wrestling Forum

The Most Electricfying Wrestling Community in all the enternet

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Official WRESTLEMANIA 23 Discussion Thread

Go down 
+13
King Of Kings
Dynamite Kid07
DX_Maineventer
Mr. Kennedy 2009
Jerichoholic
JBLis God
The Hunter
Sweet Chin Music_89
Untouchable Foley Fan
Hulkamaniac
Actionjunkie66
Wrestlingchick
The Rock
17 posters
AuthorMessage
The Rock
EWF Chairman
EWF Chairman
The Rock

Number of posts : 1233
Registration date : 2007-02-01

The Official WRESTLEMANIA 23 Discussion Thread Empty
PostSubject: The Official WRESTLEMANIA 23 Discussion Thread   The Official WRESTLEMANIA 23 Discussion Thread EmptyThu Feb 08, 2007 8:16 am

The best time of year has come, if you are a wrestling fan. Wrestlemania is the biggest PPV event of the year in the WWE, and this year's 'Mania is shaping up to be one of the most memorable in recent years.
Welcome to the Official Wrestlemania 23 Discussion Thread. This is the place to discuss everything about the event.

The Official Wrestlemania 23 Discussion Thread
[brought to you by The EWF Dynasty™]

All photos that appear in this post, credit WWE.com
The Official WRESTLEMANIA 23 Discussion Thread 3913394za2

Wrestlemania has produced some of the most memorable moments in history. Take Wrestlemania X-Seven for example, main evented by Steve Austin vs. The Rock, the two biggest faces of the time. They had an awesome match which culminated in a new champion and a heel turn from Austin, aligning himself with long-time rival, Vince McMahon... Another great moment comes from Wrestlemania III, when Randy Savage and Ricky Steamboat battled for the Intercontinental Championship. And who could forget the first Ironman Match between Shawn Michaels and Bret Hart, with HBK winning his first WWF Championship. The memories go on and on, but this year its time to create some new memories.
Wrestlemania 23 is headlined this year with two incredible dream matches. On the RAW side of things, WWE Champion, John Cena, will defend the title against Shawn Michaels. And on Smackdown, the Royal Rumble winner, The Undertaker, will challenge World Heavyweight Champion, Batista. This is very interesting, as both main events are showcasing legends of the business (Taker and Shawn), going up against the new bloods, the rising stars, the future of the WWE (Batista and Cena). And not only this, but the two Main Events will be face versus face match-ups! Without a doubt, this years Wrestlemania is set to be an amazing Pay Per View.

The Official WRESTLEMANIA 23 Discussion Thread 3923022zt3

THE CARD

The Official WRESTLEMANIA 23 Discussion Thread 4096334fo1

World Heavyweight Championship Match: Main Event:
The Undertaker vs Batista (c)

The Royal Rumble winner, The Undertaker, will be challenging Batista for the World Heavyweight Championship, as everybody found out last night [02.05.07] on RAW. The Undertaker came out to the ring, along with Lashley (ECW Champ, representing ECW), John Cena (WWE Champ, representing RAW), and Batista (World Heavyweight Champ, representing Smackdown). Taker would proceed to stare all 3 men down, and then he turned to Batista and signalled that he would be challenging him for the title at Wrestlemania. Not only did Taker signal for his title shot, but he delivered a message to Batista by chokeslamming him. Later in the night, the two would meet on the ramp, have another stare down, then they stared a hole through the World Tag Team Champions, John Cena and Shawn Michaels. The two men who will face each other for the World Title at Wrestlemania 23 will be forced to team up at No Way Out, the final PPV before 'Mania, against HBK and Cena.
The stakes are high in this match... Not only is Batista's title up for grabs, but The Undertaker's legendary Wrestlemania undefeated streak will also be on the line. Something has to give in this one... We will either have a new World Champion, or we will see the end of an awe-inspiring undefeated streak.

The Official WRESTLEMANIA 23 Discussion Thread Takertistaay7

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

The Official WRESTLEMANIA 23 Discussion Thread 4096364wt6
WWE Championship Match: Main Event:
Shawn Michaels vs John Cena
(
Last Monday night on RAW [020507] Vince McMahon set up a triple threat match between Shawn Michaels, Edge, and Randy Orton, with the winner to be the number 1 contender for John Cena's WWE Championship. Michaels would be victorious in the match, therefore, the World Tag Team Champions will meet for the WWE Title at Wrestlemania 23. But before they meet, they will compete at No Way Out against The Undertaker and Batista.
Another dream match for Wrestlemania... Last year John Cena defended the WWE Title in the Main Event against Shawn's best friend and co-DX member, Triple H. Can Cena do the same thing to Michaels this year? If so, John will be able to say that he defeated D-Generation X in back-to-back years at the biggest stage of them all. But if John can't beat HBK, Shawn will have yet another reign as WWE Champion.

The Official WRESTLEMANIA 23 Discussion Thread Cenahbkab5
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

MORE MATCHES WILL BE POSTED IN COMING WEEKS!!!
Back to top Go down
https://ewfdynasty.forumotion.com
Wrestlingchick
EWF Elder
EWF Elder
Wrestlingchick

Number of posts : 1296

PostSubject: Re: The Official WRESTLEMANIA 23 Discussion Thread   The Official WRESTLEMANIA 23 Discussion Thread EmptyThu Feb 08, 2007 8:35 am

My Wrestlemania Match Predictions

HBK vs John Cena for the WWE Title
Batista vs The Undertaker for the World Heavywieght Championship
Bobby Lashley vs Umaga for the ECW Championship
Mickie James vs Melina for the Womans Championship
The World Greatest Tag Team vs Cryme Tyme for the World Tag Team Titles
London and Kendrick vs Duece and Domino for the WWE Tag Team Titles
Randy Orton vs Edge
Hulk Hogan w/Donald Trump vs The Great Khali w/Vince McMahon
Money in the Bank Match - Jeff Hardy vs Kenny Dykstra vs CM Punk vs Test vs Matt Hardy vs Ken Kennedy
Carlito vs Ric Flair
Kane vs King Booker

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Actionjunkie66
Certified Jabroni
Certified Jabroni
Actionjunkie66

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2007-02-02

PostSubject: Re: The Official WRESTLEMANIA 23 Discussion Thread   The Official WRESTLEMANIA 23 Discussion Thread EmptyThu Feb 08, 2007 8:41 am

It will be Holly against Lashley, and CM Punk and WWE is over with so you wont see his ass, look for flair and carlito to throw down as well after what happened on monday night
Back to top Go down
Hulkamaniac
EWF Master
EWF Master
Hulkamaniac

Number of posts : 498

PostSubject: Re: The Official WRESTLEMANIA 23 Discussion Thread   The Official WRESTLEMANIA 23 Discussion Thread EmptyThu Feb 08, 2007 8:46 am

here's the matches that i think are gonna happen:

world heavyweight championship
batista (c) vs. undertaker

wwe championship
john cena (c) vs. hbk

ecw championship
lashley (c) vs. hardcore holly

women's championship
mickie james (c) vs. melina vs. victoria

randy orton vs. edge

hulk hogan w/donald trump vs. great khali w/vince mcmahon
special referee: stone cold

wwe tag team championship
tlc match

london & kendrick vs. hardy boys vs. mnm

world tag team championship
cryme tyme vs. world's greatest tag team

united states championship
elimination match

chris benoit (c) vs. rey mysterio vs. finlay vs. mvp vs. gregory helms vs. chavo guerrero

buried alive match
kane vs. king booker

interpromotional match
mr. kennedy vs. cm punk vs. johnny nitro

ric flair vs. carlito

i think umaga might get shipped to ecw to face lashley at mania, but for now i'm going with holly.
Back to top Go down
Untouchable Foley Fan
EWF Master
EWF Master
Untouchable Foley Fan

Number of posts : 589

PostSubject: Re: The Official WRESTLEMANIA 23 Discussion Thread   The Official WRESTLEMANIA 23 Discussion Thread EmptyThu Feb 08, 2007 8:51 am

The two matches named thus far are enough for me to pay for the PPV. Cena/Michaels will be Cena's best match ever. I can almost promise that. He seems to get better each week, imo, and going into a Main Event with Shawn Michaels is definetely gonna make him even better. It's a dream match in my eyes.
But Taker/Batista, I've been waiting for this one ever since Batista's rise to the top. He may not be the best wrestler in the world, but this feud is gonna be awesome. And the match will be good too. Title vs. Streak... I get goosebumps thinking about that. This Mania is gonna be the best since XIX or XX, imo.
Back to top Go down
Sweet Chin Music_89
EWF Vice President
Sweet Chin Music_89

Number of posts : 654
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: The Official WRESTLEMANIA 23 Discussion Thread   The Official WRESTLEMANIA 23 Discussion Thread EmptyThu Feb 08, 2007 10:26 am

the main match i'm lookin' for is hbk doggin' cena for the belt. everybody and their baby's momma is waiting for that one.
Back to top Go down
The Hunter
EWF President
EWF President
The Hunter

Number of posts : 1117

PostSubject: Re: The Official WRESTLEMANIA 23 Discussion Thread   The Official WRESTLEMANIA 23 Discussion Thread EmptyMon Feb 12, 2007 8:52 am

I can't wait to see both title matches as i think it will be very interesting to see who come out wrestlemania with the titles. the things that interest me about the wwe title match and the world title match are:

1. since stone cold in 2001 every rumble winner has won the title at wrestlemania

2. since the brand extension, at least one of the heavyweight titles changes hands at wrestlemania

these two things interest me as the undertaker is undeafted at wrestlemania, but the wwe are thinking about having batista end the streak. i personally don't want that to happen as i think the undertaker's undeafted streak should stay intact as it is a huge part of his legacy.

as far as the raw main event goes, this is the one that gets me the most as vince won't have cena lose the title at wrestlemania as vince is trying to build cena up to be the wwe's number one guy to carry the wwe forward and you don't do that by having drop the wwe title at wrestlemania
Back to top Go down
JBLis God
Certified Jabroni
Certified Jabroni

Number of posts : 67

PostSubject: Re: The Official WRESTLEMANIA 23 Discussion Thread   The Official WRESTLEMANIA 23 Discussion Thread EmptyMon Feb 12, 2007 8:56 am

Hell in a Cell for the World Heavyweight Championship
Batista (c) vs Undertaker

WWE Championship
John Cena (c) vs Shawn Michaels

ECW World Championship
Bobby Lashley (c) vs Rey Mysterio

No Holds Barred
Edge vs Randy Orton

10 man Tag Team Match
MickFoley, Sandman, Sabu, Balls Mahoney and Tommy Dreamer w/ Donald Trump vs Umaga, MVP, Finlay, Elijah Burke and Marques Car Von w/Vince McMahon

Money in the Bank Ladder Match
Carlito vs Kenny Dykstra vs Rob Van Dam vs Test vs Chris Benoit vs Ken Kennedy

TLC Triple Treath Tag Team Match for the WWE Tag Team Championship
London and Kendrick vs MNM vs Hardyz (c) (they will win at No Way Out)

Women´s Championship
Mickie James (c) vs Ashley (Playboy Cover Girl...)

Asshole vs Freak
Hulk Hogan vs Great Khali

Cruserweight Championship
Gregory Helms (c) vs Chavo Guerrero vs Jamie Noble vs Jimmy Yang vs Funaki vs Super Crazy vs Scotty 2 Hotty vs Carlito vs CM Punk

World Tag Team Championship
Cryme Tyme (c) vs World´s Greatest Tag Team
Back to top Go down
Jerichoholic
Future EWF Hall Of Famer
Future EWF Hall Of Famer
Jerichoholic

Number of posts : 227

PostSubject: Re: The Official WRESTLEMANIA 23 Discussion Thread   The Official WRESTLEMANIA 23 Discussion Thread EmptyMon Feb 12, 2007 8:59 am

this is cenas 4th wrestlemania ME n a row. if he keeps going he could beat triple h's record.
Back to top Go down
The Rock
EWF Chairman
EWF Chairman
The Rock

PostSubject: Re: The Official WRESTLEMANIA 23 Discussion Thread   The Official WRESTLEMANIA 23 Discussion Thread EmptyMon Feb 12, 2007 9:00 am

Sad as this may sound....Taker will put Batista over. Hopefully batista can step up his game
Back to top Go down
Actionjunkie66
Certified Jabroni
Certified Jabroni
Actionjunkie66

PostSubject: Re: The Official WRESTLEMANIA 23 Discussion Thread   The Official WRESTLEMANIA 23 Discussion Thread EmptyMon Feb 12, 2007 9:02 am

Jerichoholic wrote:
this is cenas 4th wrestlemania ME n a row. if he keeps going he could beat triple h's record.

No, it's not. Try again...Razz
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kennedy 2009
Certified Jabroni
Certified Jabroni
Mr. Kennedy 2009

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2007-02-05

PostSubject: Re: The Official WRESTLEMANIA 23 Discussion Thread   The Official WRESTLEMANIA 23 Discussion Thread EmptyMon Feb 12, 2007 9:07 am

JBLis God wrote:
Hell in a Cell for the World Heavyweight Championship
Batista (c) vs Undertaker

WWE Championship
John Cena (c) vs Shawn Michaels

ECW World Championship
Bobby Lashley (c) vs Rey Mysterio

No Holds Barred
Edge vs Randy Orton

10 man Tag Team Match
MickFoley, Sandman, Sabu, Balls Mahoney and Tommy Dreamer w/ Donald Trump vs Umaga, MVP, Finlay, Elijah Burke and Marques Car Von w/Vince McMahon

Money in the Bank Ladder Match
Carlito vs Kenny Dykstra vs Rob Van Dam vs Test vs Chris Benoit vs Ken Kennedy

TLC Triple Treath Tag Team Match for the WWE Tag Team Championship
London and Kendrick vs MNM vs Hardyz (c) (they will win at No Way Out)

Women´s Championship
Mickie James (c) vs Ashley (Playboy Cover Girl...)

Asshole vs Freak
Hulk Hogan vs Great Khali

Cruserweight Championship
Gregory Helms (c) vs Chavo Guerrero vs Jamie Noble vs Jimmy Yang vs Funaki vs Super Crazy vs Scotty 2 Hotty vs Carlito vs CM Punk

World Tag Team Championship
Cryme Tyme (c) vs World´s Greatest Tag Team

Theyd never have a hell in a cell wrestlemania main event, also that 10 man tag is pretty random, I thought you were going to go for ECW originals v new breed in a 5 on 5 hardcore elimination match, thats what id do
Back to top Go down
DX_Maineventer
EWF Icon
EWF Icon
DX_Maineventer

Number of posts : 448

PostSubject: Re: The Official WRESTLEMANIA 23 Discussion Thread   The Official WRESTLEMANIA 23 Discussion Thread EmptyMon Feb 12, 2007 9:10 am

This WM looks really promising. Hopefully SD gets the last match this year, seeing that Taker did win the Rumble. 2 good title matches imo, very happy about how it turned out. This will be the first PPV i will buy since November last year, lol.
Back to top Go down
Dynamite Kid07
Certified Jabroni
Certified Jabroni

Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2007-02-05

PostSubject: Re: The Official WRESTLEMANIA 23 Discussion Thread   The Official WRESTLEMANIA 23 Discussion Thread EmptyMon Feb 12, 2007 9:13 am

^ Yeah Smackdown HAS to get the last match because Takers the Royal Rumble winner and its so dramatic and tense having title vs winning streak that will definately be the last one I would think
Cena vs HBK should be very good as should Orton vs Edge if thats happening, its gonna be a good one hopefully, the first PPV I will have ordered since summerslam
Back to top Go down
King Of Kings
Certified Jabroni
Certified Jabroni
King Of Kings

Number of posts : 93

PostSubject: Re: The Official WRESTLEMANIA 23 Discussion Thread   The Official WRESTLEMANIA 23 Discussion Thread EmptyMon Feb 12, 2007 9:14 am

The Royal Rumble winner should ALWAYS be in the Main Event match, no ifs, ands, or buts.
Back to top Go down
Untouchable Foley Fan
EWF Master
EWF Master
Untouchable Foley Fan

Number of posts : 589

PostSubject: Re: The Official WRESTLEMANIA 23 Discussion Thread   The Official WRESTLEMANIA 23 Discussion Thread EmptyMon Feb 12, 2007 9:16 am

Jerichoholic wrote:

this would be cena's 2nd wrestlemania main event in a row. that's it. and as for triple h... he "only" main evented 3 times in a row. so you must be talking about how many times trips has main evented, not in a row. and if you are, well... trips doesn't hold that record: hulk hogan main evented wrestlemania 7 times
Back to top Go down
Wrestlingchick
EWF Elder
EWF Elder
Wrestlingchick

Number of posts : 1296

PostSubject: Re: The Official WRESTLEMANIA 23 Discussion Thread   The Official WRESTLEMANIA 23 Discussion Thread EmptyMon Feb 12, 2007 9:21 am

Jerichoholic wrote:

Hogan actually has the most continuous WM main event match record, main eventing 7 out of the first 8 WM. Cena was in the opening match at WM 20 against the Big Show, then the "secondary" main event at WM 21. The actual record he could be heading for is being involved in a title match in all of his WM matches. US title, the WWE title, WWE title again and now once more WWE title Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Vinkings Rules 07
Certified Jabroni
Certified Jabroni

Number of posts : 60

PostSubject: Re: The Official WRESTLEMANIA 23 Discussion Thread   The Official WRESTLEMANIA 23 Discussion Thread EmptyMon Feb 12, 2007 9:22 am

ok so, ignore the vince/trump, taker/batista and hbk/cena stuff. heres my ideal WM card and events:

WGTT win the tag belts b4 mania and lose at WM to cryme tyme.
Helms loses the CW title to Mysterio.
Kendrik turns on London, or vice versa, costing them the titles to duece & domino.
edge beats orton in a steel cage.
Benoit beats kane, booker and finlay in a 4way for the US belt.
Jeff hardy loses the title to carlito due to interfernece from MNM.
Micke beats melina to defend the womens belt,
Kennady beats a returning JBL.
coach and khali issue an open challenge, AUSTIn comes out and stunners both of them.
Lashly lose the ecw title to test or holly in a triple threat.
Kevin thorn, cor von, stryker, snitsky and burke lose to sandman, dreamer, RVD, sabu and TERRY FUNK (who fills in for mahoney who gets taken out b4 mania).

would that be awesome or what?
Back to top Go down
HBKFan
Future EWF Hall Of Famer
Future EWF Hall Of Famer
HBKFan

Number of posts : 200

PostSubject: Re: The Official WRESTLEMANIA 23 Discussion Thread   The Official WRESTLEMANIA 23 Discussion Thread EmptyMon Feb 12, 2007 9:25 am

If triple H's injury was real and was seriously hurt, WWE must have had to have had other plans for triple H/shawn at Wrestlemania...not Shawn going for WWE title. i wonder who they originally had penciled in for WWE title. Shawn winning seems to obvious to me... im going to say Cena retains confused
Back to top Go down
TNASuperstar
Certified Jabroni
Certified Jabroni
TNASuperstar

Number of posts : 68

PostSubject: Re: The Official WRESTLEMANIA 23 Discussion Thread   The Official WRESTLEMANIA 23 Discussion Thread EmptyMon Feb 12, 2007 9:27 am

There was a rumour at one time about having H/Cena II. Which would have been horrible, imo. HBK/Cena is MUCH MUCH better.
Back to top Go down
Pritch
Certified Jabroni
Certified Jabroni
Pritch

Number of posts : 60

PostSubject: Re: The Official WRESTLEMANIA 23 Discussion Thread   The Official WRESTLEMANIA 23 Discussion Thread EmptyMon Feb 12, 2007 9:44 am

HBK defeats John Cena to become WWE Champion.

Undertaker defeats Batista to become World Heavyweight Champion.

Worlds Greatest Tag Team defeats Cryme Tyme to become World Tag Team Champions.

Rey Mysterio defeats Gregory Helms to become Cruiserweight Champion.

Mickie James defeats Victoria to regain the Womens Championship.

Some Tag Team will defeat Paul London and Brian Kendrick to become WWE Tag Team Champions
Back to top Go down
Actionjunkie66
Certified Jabroni
Certified Jabroni
Actionjunkie66

PostSubject: Re: The Official WRESTLEMANIA 23 Discussion Thread   The Official WRESTLEMANIA 23 Discussion Thread EmptyMon Feb 26, 2007 12:35 pm

I just cant wait to see the two Main events. I hope both legends win the titles. It is a PPV to not miss.
Back to top Go down
DX_Maineventer
EWF Icon
EWF Icon
DX_Maineventer

Number of posts : 448

PostSubject: Re: The Official WRESTLEMANIA 23 Discussion Thread   The Official WRESTLEMANIA 23 Discussion Thread EmptyFri Mar 02, 2007 2:31 pm

The Money In the Bank Ladder Match should of the chain this year. Im rooting for King Booker this time. I loved his title Reign. He deserves it. He's a maineventer in my book.
Back to top Go down
The Rock
EWF Chairman
EWF Chairman
The Rock

PostSubject: Re: The Official WRESTLEMANIA 23 Discussion Thread   The Official WRESTLEMANIA 23 Discussion Thread EmptyTue Mar 20, 2007 8:34 am

This could be a image after wrestlemania

The Official WRESTLEMANIA 23 Discussion Thread 020606hbk2copyvp8
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Official WRESTLEMANIA 23 Discussion Thread   The Official WRESTLEMANIA 23 Discussion Thread Empty

Back to top Go down

The Official WRESTLEMANIA 23 Discussion Thread
Page 1 of 1